Menu

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Chikage Kazama's Route


Chikage Kazama's route is basically a combination of Okita's, Harada's, Heisuke's, and some of Saito's routes so it's a bit confusing which of the choices you have to make. Without a guide, it's difficult to know which ones you have to pick since there's a chance that Kazama's chapters won't be unlocked in order to finish his story line.


Kazama has two endings, one bad and one good, but that won't pose much of a problem. His story line is rather short and getting back to the good ending is easy as pie. As usual, I've included the prompts to guide you to unlock his chapters and as well as getting the rest of the CGs and Theater videos in the Media section.


Chapter 1

I had no idea what to do next.
            Find a way to escape.
            Attempt to explain my situation.

I...
            Stayed where I was.
            Ran for it.

I wasn't sure what to do...
            Stay put.
            Talk to someone.
            Search the compound.

What was I to do?
            Leave and search for my father.
            Remain in the compound.

I have to choose...
            Look for Okita.
            Look for Heisuke.

I didn't have the time to try and figure out what that mean, though. I had to...
            ...stop Heisuke.
            ...help Heisuke.

I...
            ...want to come.
            ...will stay behind.

The question was... where would I go?
            To Mount Ten'nou.
            To Hamaguri Gate.
            To Kuge Gate.

But... what should I do?
            Get rid of Shiranui.
            Cheer for Harada.

Chapter 2

The question remained, then, what should I do?
            Investigate.
            Return to my room.

"I should go to the Maekawa house, or the places in the Yagi house that I haven't been to before."
            Investigate the Yagi house.
            Investigate the Maekawa house.

I couldn't sit by and allow him to do this.
            Persuade him.
            Scream.

"I..."
            Want to remain here.
            Will return to headquarters.

I...
            Reached for my sword.
            Cried for backup.
            Didn't move.

I could just see Okita and Doctor Matsumoto outside, walking off somewhere together.
Where could they be going, I wondered.
            I'm worried about Okita.
            It's not any of my business.

The inside of my head was a swirling mass of questions and doubts, but the one thing that concerned me was...
            The demons.
            Their interest in me.
            My father.

There was a lot on my mind, but what worried me the most was...
            The notice board.
            The furies.

Chapter 3

I was especially worried about...
            The Guard.
            The soldiers.

I decided to ask...
            Someone high-ranking.
            Someone neutral.
            Someone close to the people who were leaving.

Her question had been entirely innocent, although it had caught me off-guard. I couldn't possibly lie to her...
            Yes.
            No.

I was the reason they'd come here!
How could I justify sitting on my hands while others fought my battles for me? I didn't know what to do...
            Go outside.
            Stay in my room.

The ring of men around him began to draw in.
I could feel the tension build, like a rope being pulled taut. Soon it would reach its breaking point. What was I going to do?
            Try to attack.
            Try to escape.
            Trust the Shinsengumi.

I...
            Still wanted to help.
            Decided to stay home.

What, then, was I to do?
            Check on Okita.
            Go find Saito.

"Um..."
            I want to help.
            I'll stay here.

Chapter 4

With Kyoto under the control of the new Imperial Army, I certainly couldn't remain there, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized I wanted to go to Edo.
            Ask Kazama.
            Go alone.

Chapter 5

...He looked at me.
            Don't stop him.
            Stop him.

Chapter 6

(Create Save File)
"I'm going to Ezo."
            I don't want to be any more trouble.
            Please come with me.

========================================================================

Chapter 6

(Load Save File)
"I'm going to Ezo."
            I don't want to be any more trouble.
            Please come with me.



Kazama's character is something to watch out for. I felt that he was somewhat of a combination of the characters from the Shinsengumi. It was a treat to see how his route branched off from the usual scenes that we see with the first five characters. I have to say that his ending really ripped my heart apart. I can't say much without spoiling anything, but I felt really heart broken after playing with his route. Sure, he has a good ending and all, but I still can't get over this one up until now. ~_~

20 comments:

  1. I really agree with you on the ending, for me, it had tears welling in my eyes, I hate how everyone dies if I'm not with them. I think the saddness also comes from finishing the game, in its strange way I've become attached to the charecters ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar_b_spring@msn.comJune 18, 2012 at 3:17 AM

    I agree about the ending, too & was thinking, "Yeah, is this really a romance? Because it feels more like a tragedy ...." Like Negalistic, I'm getting attached to the characters, too. The writers did a good job of making the characters very three dimensional. Whether these characters are really like their historical counterparts, I don't know. I haven't read any of the true history. What this game has created, though, will keep me interested through 6 storylines, I'm sure. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for me, i can't help but feel THAT the protagonist, ugh, a little bit whiny in kazama's route -_-
    and also, Omg the good ending is is is... sigh. i won't spoil it, i'm not satisfied with it though. i seriously expected more. D'x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, yeah i can understand about your statement about the protagonist. female leads like her is what i mostly avoid when it comes to shoujo genre-related things. as a personal preference for the ending, it was good enough for me XD

      Delete
    2. Yeah I got really tired of hearing her whine about how she is crap with a sword and she's so useless and helpless. She lived with them for a few years before it all went south, why didn't she ask one of the many guys around to give her at least some basic sword training. Sigh. Also why I avoid these genres. But I still loved this one and oddly enough Saito was my favorite. Hands down.

      Delete
  4. this was my first end ._. it was pretty sad :( .. i killed everyone....T-T... i realized that if i never end with one of the shinsengumi..(i was doing it thinking of being with Hijikata ha but no :/ ..) they will be dead.. i was realy dissapointed because.. i have the bad final of this route D: !! but then i did it again and end with okita :D !! in Tears with both finales!! T-T I loved this game.. i want more games of hakuoki :D haha thanks for teh guide!! :D
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome :) you're not the only one wishing for more hakuoki games XD there are other hakuoki games, though, there are only japanese versions available. Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom is the only hakuoki game that has been translated into english ;_;

      Delete
  5. Dammit I just finished Chikage route last night ... and it broke my heart completely. I mean I‘ve always liked Chikage, even in the anime where I could still keep my distance from the characters but actually playing the game swept me like a tsunami >_< He‘s a good man with demons of his own no matter what he says. somerhing must have happened to him in the past to make him hate humans so much... though that‘s one thing we agree on. But I wish he neber told me what happened to the Shinsengumi. When I learned of Saitou‘s death I shed a tear... when he told me about Hijikata I honestly staryed crying. Don‘t even dare speculate about. Sannan-san ans Heisuke...I‘m glad for the kiss in the end at least it softened the pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad that the game was able to affect you that much the same way that it affected me. thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. I decided to go ahead and try for Kazama, becuase I always had a soft spot for him. He's sad, lonely, and half-insane, and heart-breakingly beautiful. Here's to tears and sorrow, and the lonely road of night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had a feeling he's just like that. it really didn't surprise me that he had a story route on his own since personalities that he has are also chick magnets ^^

      Delete
  7. The bad ending was honestly the worse ending out of the 5 routes I've finished. It was like "hey, you know they all die, but here's the worst way to remind you if it". Thank goodness I left Harada as the last route, it will ease the pain a bit. I understand what happens in the anime (I've watched it all twice) and that most other than the current character die, but this was just awful. I want a bloody spin-off where they all live happily ever after and be themselves.Heck, I need the SSL game, I'll play it in Japanese if I have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh pls. i do hope Aksys gets to release the SSL game soon T_T the the latest hack and slash hakuouki game i played was kind of disappointing ~_~

      Delete
    2. My heart is about to break.....</3
      Its just saddening )': why why why whyyyy!!
      But i also expected more from this route òó. It was so disappointing, cheh q.q! And somehow i didnt get -SPOILER XD- why he fell in love with the protagonist...his confession was so sudden...o_o
      Weeeell, since it was my very first ending i hope the others arent disappointing c':

      Delete
    3. ooh, tough luck on you. chikage kazama's ending would have been appropriate to get AFTER finishing all the other routes, but oh well it's your gameplay XD

      and yes, his character ending was rather heartbreaking :(

      Delete


  8. I guess it kindda takes the normal "I can't live without you" to a whole new level? Since everyone died without the main character >_< I actually preferred the 'bad' end for Kazama. I'm grateful to him but I just can't seem to like him in that way. ._. But at least now I know why Heisuke's ending didn't have that sort of CG when the main character was dreaming. Kazama's route hurts but not as much as Hijitaka's, actually. Might be because I played Hijitaka's route before Kazama's but I'm sure it's mostly because we can actually experience the losses in Hijitaka's route. (I cried more when Heisuke and Sanan 'died'. Especially after I found out that Sanan was just misguided because he wants the best for Shinsengumi. TT_TT HEISUKE! SANAN! NOOOO!!!! TT_TT)

    Well, I got Saito's route on the first playthrough and in my opinion, I think his ending was the most favourable out of all of them. (Yeap, I finished all of them to find out the entire backstory.) STILL, I'm curious on what happened to Kaoru-niisan cause the only ending with him was Okita's. And I do wonder if other furies received the info regarding how to prolong their life as well. Hmm... Well, for now I'm gonna replay Saito's route to lessen the impact of their deaths. :/ Oh, and thanks for the walkthoughs! They were really helpful. ^_^ Must've taken a lot from you to put these up so they are greatly appreciated! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, glad you liked my walkthrough :)

      Kaoru met his demise in Okita's route, and he also died in the anime. also in Okita's character route, it was stated that the river/water from Chizuru's/the heroine's demon village was kinda "miraculous", with it being pure. they somewhat implied that the water there can extend a person's life thus Okita and Chizuru decided to live in that village. it's a bittersweet ending, but i'd like to believe that Okita and Chizuru were able to live their lives to the fullest in peace; undisturbed and isolated from the outside world ^_^

      Delete
  9. Man I'm so upset :'( whyyyyyy did I do this route fuuuuaaark
    Well the good end was cute. But tragic. And the bad end tore my heart out :'0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man I'm so upset :'( whyyyyyy did I do this route fuuuuaaark
    Well the good end was cute. But tragic. And the bad end tore my heart out :'0

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels so sad over the ending since i thought i was overreacting ;__;

    You what the worst part is? The characters where based on true historical warriors.
    U can even see pics on the real toshizo hijikata on wikipedia.
    THAT JUST MADE ME CRY RIVERS

    ReplyDelete