Menu

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Heisuke Toudou's Route


I decided to publish the last two character routes right away since I already finished them today, and while my sentiments are still fresh. Heisuke's route doesn't really pose much of a challenge since you can immediately predict the right answers. Also, his cheerful character already made me guess before hand that tackling his route would be a walk in the park.


His story line has three endings, with one bad ending and two good endings, and with one of them having a high corruption level. I'll indicate when to save and load the game so that we can get all of his CGs. I'm also going to include the prompts so that you wouldn't be lost in the game.


Chapter 1

I had no idea what to do next.
            Find a way to escape.
            Attempt to explain my situation.

It was time to make my choice. I...
            Decided to tell them why I'd come to Kyoto.
            Decided to tell them I wasn't a boy. (Romance up!)
            Gave up.

I wasn't sure what to do...
            Stay put.
            Talk to someone.
            Search the compound.

What was I to do?
            Leave and search for my father.
            Remain in the compound.

I have to choose...
            Look for Okita.
            Look for Heisuke.

I didn't have the time to try and figure out what that mean, though. I had to...
            ...stop Heisuke.
            ...help Heisuke. (Romance uP!)

I...
            ...want to come.
            ...will stay behind.

"I'll go see how they're doing."
            Go to the inner courtyard.
            Go to the common room.

Chapter 2

The question remained, then, what should I do?
            Investigate.
            Return to my room.

"I should go to the Maekawa house, or the places in the Yagi house that I haven't been to before."
            Investigate the Yagi house.
            Investigate the Maekawa house.

I couldn't sit by and allow him to do this.
            Persuade him.
            Scream.

"I..."
            Want to remain here.
            Will return to headquarters.

"Right... Yamazaki said I should go find Okita or Heisuke."
            Okita
            Heisuke

I could just see Okita and Doctor Matsumoto outside, walking off somewhere together.
Where could they be going, I wondered.
            I'm worried about Okita.
            It's not any of my business.

The inside of my head was a swirling mass of questions and doubts, but the one thing that concerned me was...
            The demons.
            Their interest in me.
            My father.

There was a lot on my mind, but what worried me the most was...
            The notice board.
            The furies.

Chapter 3

I was especially worried about...
            The Guard.
            The soldiers.

I...
            Wanted them to stay. (Romance up!)
            Felt betrayed.

Her question had been entirely innocent, although it had caught me off-guard. I couldn't possibly lie to her...
            Yes.
            No.

I was the reason they'd come here!
How could I justify sitting on my hands while others fought my battles for me? I didn't know what to do...
            Go outside.
            Stay in my room.

What should I do?
            Stay quiet.
            Scream.

I...
            Still wanted to help.
            Decided to stay home.

I had already decided. I would.
            Help with Itou.
            Convince Heisuke.

I...
            Was worried about Heisuke.
            Tried to negotiate with the demons.

Now, I decided, was the time to tell him what was in my heart.
            I want to be with you. (Romance up!)
            I'm sorry.

"Um..."
            I want to help.
            I'll stay here.

Chapter 4

I felt I had to say something...
            You know that's not true. (Romance up!)
            That means you're free.

~~~~~ We're almost done with Heisuke's route. I am advising you to have a separate save file where you can save and load the files easily. As we're aiming to get his Character Galleries, it's important that the save files remain untouched so that you don't have to start all over again.  
The three different endings have been divided by sections so right when you finish one ending section of this guide, load the save file from here and proceed to the next ending section. Remember, our goal here is to complete Heisuke's CG Gallery so whatever you do, don't touch/overwrite this save file! ~~~~~

(Create Save File #1)
4-1

I had to do something to help him...
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

Chapter 5

Before I'd even realized it, I heard myself speak.
            You don't have to act tough. (Romance up!)
            It'll be all right.

I knew what I had to do...
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

========================================================================

(Load Save File #1)
4-2

I had to do something to help him...
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

Chapter 5

Before I'd even realized it, I heard myself speak.
            You don't have to act tough. (Romance up!)
            It'll be all right.

I knew what I had to do...
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

Chapter 6

(Create Save File #2)
My hands were shaking, but this had to be done! I was going with him. There was no backing out now!
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

Heisuke Toudou: "I'm a dead man, so I might as well take Sanan with me when I go...
            How can you say that? (Romance up!)
            Calm down.

Chapter 7

I seemed we were safe, for a moment, but there was no time to waste.
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

========================================================================

(Load Save File #2)
6-3

My hands were shaking, but this had to be done! I was going with him. There was no backing out now!
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

Heisuke Toudou: "I'm a dead man, so I might as well take Sanan with me when I go...
            How can you say that? (Romance up!)
            Calm down.

Chapter 7:

I seemed we were safe, for a moment, but there was no time to waste.
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.


Although I got somewhat bored with Heisuke's route, I have to say that his story line was one of the most interesting ones in the game. I really didn't expect to see that kind of outcome in the story since I would've thought something else basing from the other character's story lines. Still, it was a treat to see some uniqueness so I guess I could say it's still worth going over his route.

25 comments:

  1. spoiler free: Y'know, I didn't get bored with this one because I felt it went along fairly quickly. This story line is all kinds of crazy with drama and things happening that you don't expect from people who ... well ... if you've gone through Toshi's story line, for instance - you don't expect that some people did the things they did in Heisuke's story line. That's all I'll say. Thank you for the walkthrough! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad that other gamers are able to enjoy finishing this game because of the guides that I made. ^_^

      We have different tastes I guess. ^_^ I can understand what you've said regarding characters acting differently from Hijikata's story line. And I agree, they were a lot different from what they would have done basing on Hijikata's route (and from what the anime had shown, teehee).

      I do admit that I rather like the twist in Heisuke's story line since it contradicted my expectations. I found unlocking his chapters easy compared to the others (i.e. Okita and Kazama) since I could already predict the right answers to stay on his on his route, thus I got somewhat bored. Although, as the events on his story line neared it's climax, it really got me excited and it kept me going since I didn't expect those to happen. That said, I'd say that Heisuke's route is still worth going over. ^_^

      Delete
  2. thank for the guide.. i still like okita's route (about how it ends) but, yes, the story is more interesting with sen than with kaoru there.. haha
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squee, Toudou! >w< His storyline was just great. The way Kazama kind of stalks you and yet gives up on the heroine, and settles for Sen (I ship that) is just so funny, and I loved every moment he popped up. Toudou was my first favorite character on Hakuouki, so it was really great for me to be able to play this route and...have a happy ending and everything. >w<

    The climax and finale of this route just kept me on my toes, almost or as much as Okita's. I mean you got Sannan to defeat, Sen to keep sane, Kazama to keep alive and helpful, lol... I dunno how many times I had to reload a save file because Sen ended up murdering me, or I think Kazama one time too. Thankfully I got Toudou to defeat Sannan every time. Phew. The only route in which you know that crazy rasetsu megane is gone and away from poor demon girls! >O< Gah. I got so fed up with Sannan in Sano's route that I think I'mma replay Toudou's again (and use this guide so I don't get assassinated by Sen x3) just so I can feel that crushing victory over him.

    Anyway, thanks so much for this guide! I want to make sure that I get every ending of my only playable [original] favorite character. >w< And I don't want to get killed by Sen anymore. I can't stress that enough lol. Thanks for your in-depth guides!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heisuke isn't really a favorite of mine but one thing that i really liked about his character route is that his storyline seemed really unpredictable. unlike the other members of the Shinsengumi, his route was like a breath of fresh air since it wasn't followed through and it wasn't seen in the anime at all.

      you're welcome again, and i'm glad that this guide was useful to you ^^

      Delete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to post these walkthroughs. I have to say though that Harada's route is my favorite and second is Saito's. I liked Heisuke's route but it wasn't as romantic as I thought it would have been. I haven't completed Okita or Hijikata's yet but apparently those two are the more favored routes. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sanosuke's route is definitely one of the best and it's kind of sad to know that he's one of the most underrated characters in this game, much less in the anime. i don't really like Saito's route that much since he seemed, i don't know, somewhat distant. his fangirls might disagree, though, but that's how i felt XD

      i do hope you'll get to enjoy Okita's route as much as i did. He is my favorite character in the game after all. XD and you're very much welcome. glad i was of help :D

      Delete
  5. Thank you for posting such a helpful guide. I apologize for troubling you, but as far as I know I followed the guide 100%, but in chapter 5(on the first go for Save File #1) the protagonist(Chizuru) was stabbed by Senhime and died. I was just wondering if I had made any mistakes, or done anything wrong. Thank you once again and I apologize for taking up even a small fraction of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi and you're welcome. no trouble with your question at all. :)

      if you're referring to Heisuke's 4-1 route, then you didn't make any mistake at all. in fact, you've completely followed the guide 100% XD your first go on file #1 ended that way because that was a 'bad ending' for Heisuke's route. i purposely put it there first because it has less spoilers for you to achieve his 'good ending'. as i mentioned in my guides, each character routes has different endings (good/bad), save for Harada Sanosuke's whose route is very straight forward.

      i hope this clears everything up :)

      Delete
  6. Hello ^^ i dont even know if you are going to read this, but i'm really glad you took the trouble to do this guide. This was the only route i did so far and i liked heisuke SO MUCH XD oh, and i agree with the protagonist: "...sexy." =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! i do read all of the comments posted on my blog (including spammy ones) and i'm quite pleased and honored that people are taking time to read my stuff. glad to know that you enjoyed the game with the help of my guide. :)

      Heisuke isn't really my favorite, but i do agree that he CAN be sexy. heck, every one of them are sexy in their own way. *drools*

      anyhoo, thanks for stopping by, Touko-chan :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much! This really helps me out.
    But sadly I messed up the third choice, do you think I'm still able to get the best ending?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the third choice is still too early where he still isn't a fury so i guess it's ok. if you aren't too sure, you can always repeat taking his route XD

      you're welcome, btw. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the guide! I guess the endings also depend on whether you give him medicine or blood or make him endure it. Sadly I always get murdered by Senhime :(
    . I always gave him medicine but I guess it won't do the trick...I hope I'll be able to get his good ending soon because I find him simply adorale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the medicine and/or blood choices do matter as they affect the corruption level of the characters. just choose the blood choices to get his good ending since the blood from the protagonist (aka you) always saves them from sanity. :)

      Delete
  9. Excuse-me, do you skip dialogues when you do a next route ??
    Thanks for your walkthrough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i do. :)

      that is, i skip dialogues when i've already read them. their dialogues are basically of the same script, but they do change when you choose a route/path that you didn't take before.

      Delete
  10. Hello again, thank you for the Heisuke walkthrough, thank to you I a have a comlete cg :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually enjoyed Heisuke's route. No! I love it. I'm suprised because... I thought that Heisuke's route would be the last one I'll play.
    At first I was like "What with his weird hairdo?"
    But damn! He got hot with those western clothes. Btw, Hijikita was also hot with western clothes. :))

    At first I was actually up for Okita's route but then. Heisuke just keeps popping up! Like at the Ikedya inn. I was rooting for OKITA!! BUT I WENT TO HEISUKE. T.T

    I dunno, I guess I felt like Heisuke deserved more help because Souji was kinda being a jerk at the protagonist first. He was like kill that, kill this. XD
    But then Heisuke was actually friendly to the protagonist... He was actually open and friendly that I didn't realized that I was already rooting for him. xD
    He is so cute. Dammit!

    I found him so geeky at first that I didn't like him. What made me drawn to him was his funny attitude! Man. I like Heisuke.

    Heisuke and Kazama was actually funny together though hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I watched the anime I realised Heisuke was the kind of guy I like because of that cheerful personality of his, but I just couldn't come to like his weirdly-drawn hair (goes without saying that that feeling disappeared when he got into those sexy western clothes and cut his hair short.)

    He is one of my favourites, being Saito in the last place and Harada in the VERY first (man, I'm seriously in love with him -ALL OF HIM- since I watched the anime, and I fell once again when playing his game route, but that's another tale.)

    The thing is, from the beginning I decided I would play Heisuke's route at the end, having the other four main love interests first (Kazama doesn't count) and I should have SERIOUSLY played his route sooner. I LOVED it!

    At first I had mixed feelings, actually.
    The previous route I'd played was Hijikata's, so I had just passed from a route soooo very sloooow, to one that was getting to the romantic base real quickly. It confused me at first, but I soon got used to it.

    I LOOOOVE THE FACT THAT SANAN WAS THE MAIN VILLAIN. I hated him so much and he always ended being the poor misunderstood soul who was just fooling his friends to give them chances to win against their evil enemies. Bullshit, it almost made me feel bad for hating him. Heisuke's route feed this negative feelings and gave peace to my heart when killing him. I don't think I was ever so happy.
    Plus, SEN HAS A LOT OF PROTAGONISM. Hell yeah, I love her, and I was getting sad she wasn't having the attention I thought she deserved. Glad she did it in the end.

    PS.: I found those Heisuke-Kazama moments hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing that I liked about Heisuke's route is that it was differently played out from the rest. Although somewhat similar to Okita's skewing off from the battlefield, I found it neat that they highlighted Sen's potential in this route. (Truthfully, I was getting sick of Chizuru.)

      I am a bit sad regarding Sanan's case, though. I practically hated his character in the anime, but changed my sentiments on him when I played Hijikata's route.

      And yes, Heisuke and Kazama were a gem in this route. This is the first that I found out that Kazama can be adorable XD

      Thank you for stopping by :D

      Delete
  13. Hi there! I just wanted to thank you for your amazing walkthroughs for Hakuoki! I've used them for all my playthroughs, and they've made a fantastic foundation for my walkthrough of Kyoto Winds (which changes so much in the story and gameplay a whole new walkthrough is needed).

    I couldn't have enjoyed this series without your amazing walkthroughs- so thank you so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's 2018 and we are still visiting your guide! Ty very much

    ReplyDelete