Menu

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Hajime Saito's Route




Imagine myself shouting for joy and running around in circles as I find myself finally free from obligations albeit briefly, and being able to post this guide up! I've finished with Saito's route last week but I wasn't able to type the guide down since I've been pretty busy with my job and other obligations. I've already started with Harada's and I know that I have to get these published right away.

You already know how my guide works: just watch out for when I'd indicate when to save and load. Saito has three endings, one bad and two good endings with one of them has a high level of corruption. His route is closely tied to Hijikata's thus it's a bit long, but shorter than Hijikata's story.

As Saito is one quiet character, it's a bit surprising that his romance level would go up discreetly all of a sudden, even though it's only a fraction. I can't really track all of those instances but I would suggest checking his status every time you get a CG of his.

Without further ado, here we go!


Chapter 1

I had no idea what to do next.
            Find a way to escape.
            Attempt to explain my situation.

It was time to make my choice. I...
            Decided to tell them why I'd come to Kyoto. (Romance up!)
            Decided to tell them I wasn't a boy.
            Gave up.

I wasn't sure what to do...
            Stay put.
            Talk to someone.
            Search the compound.

What was I to do?
            Leave and search for my father.
            Remain in the compound.

We both knew they couldn't leave me here - I didn't know how to get back to the compound - but who should I go with?
            Stay with Hijikata.
            Head to the Ikeda Inn.

I couldn't stand there by myself. I decided to...
            ...follow Saito.
            ...follow Harada.
"I..."
            ...want to come.
            ...will stay behind.

The question was... where would I go?
            To Mount Ten'nou.
            To Hamaguri Gate.
            To Kuge Gate.

Still, he was a difficult man to read. What was I to do?
            Trust Saito. (Romance up!)
            Stop him.

Chapter 2

The question remained, then, what should I do?
            Investigate.
            Return to my room.

After a moment's though, I'd made up my mind.
            Remain in the common room.
            Go to the inner courtyard.
            Go outside.

"I..."
            Want to remain here.
            Will return to headquarters.

I...
            Reached for my sword.
            Cried for backup.
            Didn't move.

I could just see Okita and Doctor Matsumoto outside, walking off somewhere together.
Where could they be going, I wondered.
            I'm worried about Okita.
            It's not any of my business.

Should I try to catch up? Or should I go around the back and try to reach the courtyard before they did?
            Catch up.
            Go around. (Romance up!)

There was a lot on my mind, but what worried me most was...
            The notice board.
            The furies.

Chapter 3

I was especially worried about...
            The Guard.
            The soldiers.

I...
            Wanted them to stay.
            Felt betrayed.

Her question had been entirely innocent, although it had caught me off-guard. I couldn't possibly lie to her...
            Yes.
            No.

I was the reason they'd come here!
How could I justify sitting on my hands while others fought my battles for me? I didn't know what to do...
            Go outside.
            Stay in my room.

What should I do?
            Stay quiet.
            Scream.

I...
            Still wanted to help.
            Decided to stay home.

What, then, was I to do?
            Check on Okita.
            Go find Saito.

"Um..."
            I want to help.
            I'll stay here.

Now that the job was done, I wasn't quite sure what I should do next...
            Return immediately.
            Stay and talk. (Romance up!)

Chapter 4

Saito was in bad shape.
He looked tired, and though he managed to ignore the pain thus far, his arm still clearly hurt him. If he didn't gain the upper hand, and quickly, he'd lose to his own fatigue...
            We needed to retreat. (Romance up!)
            I believed Saito could win.

~~~~~
We're on the right path to clearing Saito's route. I am advising you to have a separate save file where you can save and load the files easily. As we're aiming to get his Character Galleries, it's important that the save files remain untouched so that you don't have to start all over again.  

The three different endings have been divided by sections so right when you finish one ending section of this guide, load the save file from here and proceed to the next ending section. Remember, our goal here is to complete Saito's CG Gallery so whatever you do, don't touch/overwrite this save file!
~~~~~

(Create Save File # 1)
Chapter 5-1

What was I going to do?
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

Chapter 6

Understandably, that seemed to be making him uneasy. What could I say to him...?
            That's not it.
            Maybe you're right.

I...
            Decided to give him blood.
            Decided to give him medicine.
            Made him endure it.

========================================================================

(Load Save File #1)
Chapter 5-2

What was I going to do?
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

Chapter 6

Understandably, that seemed to be making him uneasy. What could I say to him...?
            That's not it.
            Maybe you're right.

(Create Save File #2)
 I...
            Decided to give him blood.
            Decided to give him medicine.
            Made him endure it.

Chapter 7

But...what if it didn't help? What if he got worse?
I still had some medicine, but...
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

...But they'd told us to run. What should we do?
Should we  follow orders, or return and warn them?
            Return to Kaneko mansion.
            Continue toward the Aizu Domain.

Chapter 8

I...
            Decided to stay. (Romance up!)
            Hesitated.

I...
            Decided to give him blood.
            Decided to give him medicine.
            Made him endure it.

========================================================================

(Load Save File #2)
6-3


I...
            Decided to give him blood.
            Decided to give him medicine.
            Made him endure it.

Chapter 7

But... what if it didn't help? What if he got worse?
I still had some medicine, but...
            Give him blood.
            Give him medicine.
            Make him endure it.

...But they'd told us to run. What should we do?
Should we  follow orders, or return and warn them?
            Return to Kaneko mansion.
            Continue toward the Aizu Domain.

Chapter 8

I...
            Decided to stay. (Romance up!)
            Hesitated.

I...
            Decided to give him blood.
            Decided to give him medicine.
            Made him endure it.


I find Saito hot but Sasuke-type characters are just not that appealing to me; I found him too cold and I swear that I felt that my efforts weren't really that rewarded! T_T Oh, Saito... Why are you so cold to me? Open your heart to me more!!! T_T

I did squeal during the time when Saito *spoiler censored* me the protagonist. I wish he had more of those moments since I really felt that Saito was a bit uncaring for the heroine. ~_~ Harada, please heal my heart (~o~)

34 comments:

  1. Saito was a little unfeeling. His route was really more about his emotional struggles than the romance. Still, it was pretty cute at the ending with the snow. > u< !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! Though Saito was having a hard time with his feelings, I still found CG images on the later parts of his route really eye candy *squeals* >o< I'd say it's worth it going through his story line :D

      Delete
  2. I have to say, saito cherry blossom image is the sexiest! I really loved the ending, serious it made me melt. I loved the ear part, that nearly gave me a nosebleed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha the things you said hahaha.. i think romantic endings in order..to me, are.. okita.. hijikata.. and saito.. beautiful.. cry cry and criied haha.. i haven't do the heisuke and harada endings he.. well thanks for the guide !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In any otome game I play, I do my first run without any guides. I just want to see where my choices naturally lead me and I have to say Hajime-kun's route was my first and favorite route. It was super romantic and some of the littlest moments were my favorites. My favorite moment was in his good end when the protagonist goes to look for him and finds him. She says Saito Saito Saito trying to get his attention but he refuses to acknowledge her until she calls him Hajime. SO SWEET. That moment had me smiling like an idiot for days. Saito always has a special place in my heart while playing all the other routes (thank you very much for the guides by the way :) if Saito died I had to walk away from the game for a moment to have a good cry. Love him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, i have a friend who got very depressed when she had Okita's (really) bad ending and wasn't able to get over it until a couple of days later.

      i think it is better to play the game without any guides at first. i think, for me, during this time when i played this game, i was so sure that i'd get Hijikata on my first try. i was overly obsessed with Okita that i really wanted to get his route first no matter what that i really had to look for a guide that would help appease the fangirl in me XD

      you're welcome btw. glad i could help :)

      Delete
  5. Hello. First I love yr guides so thank u for sharing. But one thing I'm confused on. How do I get the good ending w/ high corruption and the bad ending? (I got the good ending w/ them watching snow fall). Or are "game overs" the bad ending? There's 2 game overs for Saito I encountered so far. Since they were killed differently I figured there has to be a official bad ending or am I wrong? Thanks if u or anyone here can answer. (In case it matters, I have the english 3DS version).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello, i'm not entirely sure how the 3DS version differs from the PSP version apart from the perks that i read on this blog: http://lehst.wordpress.com/tag/3ds/. i do have a feeling that they also added some elements in the 3ds version that we're not even aware of so it's quite possible that they also added additional routes. but i'm not entirely sure on that.

      but to answer your question, you have to follow Chapter 5-1 in my guide to get the bad ending. the good ending with the high level of corruption is Chapter 5-2, where you always make him endure his cravings. making him endure his fury makes him insane so~

      Delete
  6. Hey, is it just me or did Okita suddenly vanished in Saito's route? I didn't see him since the Toba-Fushimi(?) battle... Did Okita died in Saito's route? O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okita was deemed too sick to fight when he showed that his tuberculosis was worsening. when the Shinsengumi got their western clothing/uniforms, Okita was still bed-ridden and held off wearing his new uniform.

      in the anime version, Okita was able to catch up (slightly) with his comrades but was still isolated from the rest of them (apart from meeting up with them when Kaoru was threatening Chizuru's life in the battle field). in the game version on the rest of the character routes, he was considered too sick to fight and had to be bedridden "until he feels better".

      now in the game, during Saito's (or everbody else', i guess) long walls of texts, Chizuru/the protagonist said that Okita's sickness worsened and had to remain etc etc, and then later on reported that he died due to his tuberculosis. if you compared the events of the game to the anime, it's kind of confusing since the anime's story was mashed up with every character in the game XD

      what you really should be asking about is Harada, since he vanished somewhere in everybody else' story/character route. his whereabouts can only be answered in his own character route XD

      Delete
    2. Wow, fast reply! I just noticed in Saito's Final Chapter the text at the beginning of the chapter said he eventually dead...

      Thank you for explaining!

      Delete
    3. I forgot something; the bad ending is the game over, right? Or is there another version?

      Delete
  7. Starting from chapter 6,which one should u choose,make him endure or give him blood to get happy ending?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. either way, both lead to good endings. but if you want to have the ending with Saito having a low corruption level of his fury, then ALWAYS give him blood :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks :) do u know where we can buy any otome games in english online?

      Delete
    3. Amazon? i usually just go to our local gaming store and ask if they have any of those in stock, or just request if i could obtain the game through them.

      you can always check the link below for otome games which have been translated into english:

      http://vndb.org/g542?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-542;m=0;o=d;s=rating

      Delete
  8. Thank you very very much for this page! You saved me! I was so depressed because of the bad endings (both game and anime).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I have to thank you since I now have 17/18 of the gallery for Saito (I could only get 16 before) but I still don't have the final image & I just cannot figure out why? I'm playing the 3DS version btw but so far all the guides I've found have worked the same as for the PSP.

    Can anyone tell me how to get that last one, I'm getting desperate? I think I've replayed his rout a dozen times today from start to finish with every variant I can find :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah- never mind I finally realised it's from the Memories section :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I have played saito's route all the way through but unlike the other charcters, I did not get a definition word for saito when he first turned into a fury... Could you tell me how to get that word? It is driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not sure what you mean by "definition word". are you referring to the prompts? if so, they start at chapter 5 :)

      Delete
  12. I mean when you first play and the word is in red... No matter how many times I play, I can not get saito's last definition in the encyclopedia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm.. are you using the NDS version or the PSP version of this game?

      Delete
    2. I am using the PSP version of the game.

      Delete
  13. Hi I was wondering if you had come across any Hakuoki Zuisouroku guides I had found some, but they all had spoilers. Or maybe you plan on making one?

    btw I'm negalistic in your comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi thank you for the Saito guide, It is a little better, than Hijikata's but my number one is still Okita route

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the Guide! XD I made Okita's route after Heisuke, and Im really on a biiiig depression time. ( Okitaa 〒▽〒 ) So I went to Harada and now I'm on Saitou. I couldn't get his Good End until I found this Guide! Rrly, thank u. U saved me. 〒▽〒
    (Still in Depression)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Late reply, but I do hope you're all better now XD

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love Saito-kun 😍😍😍 Hahahaha! He is so cute~ especially when he buttoned his new western style uniform wrong 😂😂😂 And I squealed everytime I get a CG HAHAHAHA kyaaaa~~~ 😍😍😍

    I used to go for Tsundere tyoes in otomes first but now I like the quiet mysterious types 😍😍 stoic types are hot af~

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG TYY SO MUCHHH it took so long to get all the cgs I rlly appreciate this!!

    ReplyDelete