Menu

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Toshizo Hijikata's Route


I'm finally done with Hijikata's route and I have to say that his route is really a long one ;A;  I had a couple of save and load process since there were some choices that seemed to be the correct one to stay on his character route, but with the help of Google translate and a Japanese guide, I was able to sort those out.


Just like the guide with Okita's route, I'll have to indicate when you have to save and load the files since he also has four (4) endings, 2 bad endings and 2 good endings, with only a slight variation for the good endings. With this guide, you'll be able to get all of his characters CGs found on the Media Gallery.

Again, I'll start with the least route branch that won't reveal spoilers much so you can enjoy the game and, in Hijikata's case, the bad endings first. Prompts are added before the choices so you won't get lost in following the story line.


Chapter 1

I had no idea what to do next.
Find a way to escape.
Attempt to explain my situation.

I...
Stayed where I was.
Ran for it.  (Romance up!)

I wasn't sure what to do...
Stay put.
Talk to someone.
Search the compound.

What was I to do?
Leave and search for my father.
Remain in the compound. 

We both knew they couldn’t leave me here – I didn’t  know how to get back to the compound – but who should I go with?
                Stay with Hijikata. 
                Head to the Ikeda Inn.

“I…”
               …want to come. 
                …will stay behind.

The question was… where would I go?
                To Mount Ten’nou. 
                To Hamaguri Gate.
                To Kuge Gate.

I saw Nagakura reach for his own sword. He was clearly about to leap into the fight as well, probably hoping to help Hijikata gain the upper hand.
                Stop Nagakura.    (Romance up!)
                Fight as well.

Chapter 2

The question remained, then, what should I do?
                Investigate.
                Return to my room. 

After a moment’s thought, I’d made up my mind.
                Remain in the common room. 
                Go to the inner courtyard.
                Go outside.

“I…”
                Want to remain here. 
                Will return to headquarters.

I...
                Reached for my sword. 
                Cried for backup.
                Didn't move.

I could just see Okita and Doctor Matsumoto outisde, walking off somewhere together.
Where could they be going, I wondered.
                I'm worried about Okita.
                It's not any of my business. 

The inside of my head was a swirling mass of questions and doubts, but the one thing that most concerned me was...
                The demons. 
                Their interest in me.
                My father.

There was a lot on my mind, but what worried me most was...
                The notice board. 
                The furies.

I felt...
                Complicated.    (Romance up!)
                Strange.

Chapter 3

I was especially worried about...
                The Guard.
                The soldiers. 

I decided to ask...
                Someone high-ranking. 
                Someone neutral.
                Someone close to the people who were leaving.

Her question had been entirely innocent, although it had caught me off-guard. I couldn't possibly lie to her...
                Yes. 
                No.

I was the reason they'd come here!
How could I justify sitting on my hands while others fought my battles for me? I didn't know what to do...
                Go outside. 
                Stay in my room.

The ring of men around him began to draw in.
I could feel the tension build, like a rope being pulled taut. Soon it would reach its breakin point. What was I going to do?
                Try to attack. 
                Try to escape.
                Trust the Shinsengumi.

I...
                Still wanted to help. 
                Decided to stay home.

I had already decided. I would...
                Help with Itou. 
                Convince Heisuke.

"Um..."
                I want to help. 
                I'll stay here.

Now that the job was done, I wasn't quite sure what I should do next...
                Return immediately.    (Romance up!)
                Stay and talk.

Chapter 4

What was I to do?
                I have to leave.
                I should leave...    (Romance up!)

Then he stepped forward, and reached for my hand.
                Run for it.
                Get revenge. 

Chapter 5

There was something wrong, but... what should I say?
                Hijikata, you should rest.
                Is there anything I can do?    (Romance up!)

What was I going to do?!
                Give him blood. 
                Give him medicine.
                Make him endure it.

I decided to...
                Go with them.
                Stay behind. 

Chapter 6

Even I could see the terrible toll it was taking on his body. What could I possibly do for him?
                Tell him to stop.    (Romance up!)
                Tell him to rest.

~~~~~
You're almost on the clear for Hijikata's route. I am advising you to have a separate save file where you can save and load the files easily. As we're aiming to get his CG Media Galleries, it's important that the save files remain untouched so that you don't have to start all over again.  

The four different endings have been divided by sections so right when you finish one ending section of this guide, load the save file from here and proceed to the next ending section. Remember, our goal here is to complete Hijikata's CG Gallery so whatever you do, don't touch/overwrite this save file!
~~~~~

(Create Save File #1)
6-1

I...
                Gave him some blood.
                Gave him some medicine.
                Made him endure it. 

What should I say..?
                I want to go with Hijikata. 
                Convince Kondou to escape.

Chapter 7

What could I say to help lessen that pain?
                I believe in you.    (Romance up!)
                You have responsibilities.

I...
                Gave him blood.
                Gave him medicine.
                Made him endure it. 

I had to do something!
                Stop Kazama.
               Stop Hijikata.    (Romance up!)

========================================================================

(Load Save File #1)
6-2

I...
                Gave him some blood. 
                Gave him some medicine.
                Made him endure it.

What should I say..?
                I want to go with Hijikata. 
                Convince Kondou to escape.

Chapter 7

What could I say to help lessen that pain?
                I believe in you.    (Romance up!)
                You have responsibilities.

(Create Save File #2)
I...
                Gave him blood.
                Gave him medicine.
                Made him endure it. 

I had to do something!
                Stop Kazama.
                Stop Hijikata.    (Romance up!)

Chapter 8

He started to shake, and his hair and eyes changed color. The bloodlust had taken hold of him and he began to moan in pain ----------------------------
                Give him blood.
                Give him medicine.
                Make him endure it. 

I nodded.
                I will never leave his side.
                He wouldn't die even if you killed him.    (Romance up!)

========================================================================

(Load Save File #2)
6-3

I...
                Gave him blood. 
                Gave him medicine.
                Made him endure it.

I had to do something!
                Stop Kazama.
                Stop Hijikata.    (Romance up!)

(Overwrite Save File #2 or Create Save File #3)

He started to shake, and his hair and eyes changed color. The bloodlust had taken hold of him and he began to moan in pain ----------------------------
                Give him blood.
                Give him medicine.
                Make him endure it. 

I nodded.
                I will never leave his side.
                He wouldn't die even if you killed him.    (Romance up!)

"I..."
                Being with Hijikata makes me happy.
                I don't care about being happy.    (Romance up!)

Chapter 9

Toshizo Hijikata: "No. Take it back. I can't approve of this posting."
                Don't take it. 
                Take it.

"Please, don't say that!"
                Give him blood.
                Give him medicine.
                Make him endure it. 
I...
                I'll do my best.
                You can't do that. 

~~~~~
At this point, you've already gotten all of Hjikata's CG. However, with 6-3's ending, the level of his corruption is extremely high so it's kind of not good depending on how you look at it. You can stop now if you wish or, if you're a bit OC like me, load the save file and finish the game with a low-level corruption - it's your choice.
~~~~~

(Load Save File #2 or #3)
6-4

He started to shake, and his hair and eyes changed color. The bloodlust had taken hold of him and he began to moan in pain ----------------------------
                Give him blood. 
                Give him medicine.
                Make him endure it.

I nodded.
                I will never leave his side.
                He wouldn't die even if you killed him.  (Romance up!)

"I..."
                Being with Hijikata makes me happy.
                I don't care about being happy.   (Romance up!)

Chapter 9

Toshizo Hijikata: "No. Take it back. I can't approve of this posting."
                Don't take it. 
                Take it. (Romance up!)

"Please, don't say that!"
                Give him blood.
                Give him medicine.
                Make him endure it

I...
                I'll do my best.
                You can't do that.


I do apologize for his fangirls but I'm a bit disappointed with how his character route turned out. Although I have to admit that I found his story line a bit more sad than Okita's (you'll find out why when you play), still the romance between you (or the protagonist) was a bit... bland. A quarter through the story and I was already missing Okita and his teasing. Though he's good-looking, he's definitely not my type. Perhaps the only time I felt my heart flutter was during the time when Hijikata professed his love to me the protagonist. Hopefully, Saito's route would be a lot more heart-fluttering. :)

45 comments:

  1. i have yet to play this one! i'm prolly doing this last, cos it's long and i'm lazy~

    finished saito's, doing chikage kazama and toudou heisuke nao... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh~ lucky you XD i've still yet to finish Saito's route since i'm a little busy x_x but i'm quite excited to take on chikage kazama's route even though i plan to do him last since he skewed off from the usual route that we take XD

      Delete
  2. Hello! thanks for your hard work :):) i needed some help and this guide helped me a lot :):)
    Just wanted to tell you that even thought i know this guide is to get the CG Gallery i want to say that in one of the choices of hijikata to get more romace in chapter 9 you have to choose the option of "take it" and there it goes more romance thanks for all this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it's a real pleasure to help and thanks for the heads up as well! I already edited that part out for the other people who need this guide. Thanks again for spotting it! :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with you I felt that the romace in he's story wasn't to... Heartfluttering . I love Souji and Sanosuke's story much better they had me hooked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like I found myself a kindred spirit! I'm totally agree with on Souji and Sanosuke's story. Those two really got my inner fangirl scream!

      Delete
    2. It would seem you have :D. I jusst loved how they tease me(the girl), my inner fangirl made little eeeepp sounds ! They keep my heart racing at every moment

      Delete
  4. Hi!thank you very much for that guide ! It really helped me :when I did hijikata's route for the first time ,I did the bad choice with inoue ( I chosen "run for it ^^")so ,I had a "game over ...
    I know that I'm saying that for the second time but : Thanks ! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very much welcome. I'm glad to know that this guide was a big help to you. :)

      Delete
  5. Ha ha hello again, thanks for this guide as well. I just wanna comment on the ending, I know you said the ending would probly not end good since the high levels of corruption, but it was really sweet and cute I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. It was sweet and cute. The terms of a "good" and a "bad" ending were taken from my reference which was a Japanese guide. As I said from my intro, I had a hard time making choices to get all of the pictures so I had a bit of help from that Japanese guide.

      Anyway, there are two bars that you can check from the character status which are Romance and Corruption levels. As you can raise up the Romance level of the Shinsengumi captain you picked, apparently you can also control the level of their Corruption (except Harada's of course).

      Following my Japanese reference, I merely followed the "good ending/bad ending" indication: good ending if low corruption level and bad ending if the level is high. It also makes sense whether it's good or bad since you really can't call it a good ending if the Shinsengumi character you chose as your partner is severely corrupted. ^_^

      I don't know if you noticed the pattern but controlling the their corruption level to achieve it's lowest corruption level possible is to simply keep providing blood to your desired captain. Apart from Harada, I think the only exception to this is perhaps Okita Souji since by choosing the "blood" choice in all choices leads to another outcome of events on his story route.

      I do hope you get my point ^_^

      Delete
    2. Oh I see, I new of the bars and how your s'pose to watch the corruption level, I guess I just thought it would end in a "game over" or something. I still have to play through to get 3,4 gallary images, so the next time will be a "good" ending!

      Delete
  6. Hmm strange i'm missing one outta the 26 pictures.....how strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which one? can you describe where the missing picture is positioned in the gallery?

      Delete
  7. Thats the thing they are all filled. So im not sure whaich one is missing. Sorry.l

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same problem. One of the pics are missing and I can't understand which one ^^'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you describe where the missing pic is positioned from you PSP screen? Maybe I can help ^_^

      Delete
  9. mm :S it's a little fumbling to me this guide hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't reach the chapter 8, they kill me, when i stop hijikata, kazama killed me .. how can i get to the chapter 8? for 2 time i get the game over thing.. why??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ####SPOOOOIIIIILLLLLEEEEEEERRRRR###############(DON'T READ)
      i choose the stop kazama option, and im still alive! haha :S i don't know why if i stop hijikata kazama killed me :/

      Delete
    2. because that's how the story is supposed to go XD stopping hijikata kind of brings the feeling (to him) that he's not strong enough for the main character, while stopping kazama kind of raises his value as a man and it speaks volumes on how the character values him. in turn, hijikata's respect/like for the main character is raised as well. idk if you get my meaning, but that's how i interpreted the situation XD

      Delete
    3. OMG T-T ..i cry cry cry ... waaaaaaaaaa i thought.. hijikata.. would.. die.. but.. but... really my heart stops and i D: ... then .. i know he was.. a live.. and i .. i.. cryyy so much.. waaa.. thank you for the guide.. im sorry if i writte here a lot.. thanks!!

      Delete
    4. oo sorry.. i don't saw your reply.. hehe .. but .. yes i know what you mean.. but i said that because in every ending you put to choose the " stop hijikata" option and i was confused hehe.. thank you for answer me!!! :D

      Delete
  11. Thank you for all your walkthroughs! helps a lot <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much, this guide really helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I just got this game and thank you very much for the guide! The only thing is, I've played Hijikata's rute a lot of times and I'm still missing a picture? In the gallery, it says 25/26, but there's no more empty blocks. The first page is filled, and the second page has one picture, the art one that's not in the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't think you are. i just checked my saved file and sure enough, i also have 25/26 for hijikata's gallery. that's weird o.o

      Delete
  14. wahhh thanks!! though i'm not sure why but i'm missing one CG. it's the CG with all the "endurance" CGs. not sure why i'm missing one when i followed this orz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please ignore the missing hijikata bit bc I figured out how to get the missing one.
      after playing all the routes, I think I find hijikata's most sad (though souji's bad end is a close too) bc we watch a lot of chars die or leave them :c I teared a few times during his route ngl, even though romance-wise it was a bit bland for me

      Delete
    2. i agree with the romance thing. i wasn't that excited when i played through his character route, although i do have to admit that there were a few times that i liked hijikata for the heroine/you.

      if you really want a sad ending, you should go for chikage kazama's. you'll see why :D

      Delete
  15. Hijikata! I'm a little disappointed because of how boring the romance between the characters were. I wanted something a bit more like Okita's! My faves are Hajime and Souji's. I'm doing Harada's next. Plz make my heart flutter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your blog and I'm glad to see that Harada didn't disappoint you XD

      the problem with Hijikata's character design is he's the most bland character in the series, IMO. that isn't bad per se, since most male protagonists are designed to be plain so people/readers/players are able to relate to that character. that said, Hijikata is the "default chosen one" so he was designed to be bland. of course, this is just my opinion :)

      Delete
    2. I don't know. I wouldn't call Hijikata bland (though the romance sure is). I think his route ultimately is about him and the Shinsengumi and everything he believed in basically deteriorating right in front of him, wihtout him having much agency or control over it. I found Hijikatas reaction as a leader quite fascinating to be honest. But anyway, I feel like the Main Char is not really part of that story and the pacing of the romance is weird and forced. But I won't hold that against Hijikata xD
      I thought he was interesting...

      Delete
    3. Good point. I do find his story route the most heartbreaking out of all the Shinsengumi (with the exception of Kazama Chikage of course), especially when you've really grown attached to all the characters. I am biased towards Okita as a character, like I said, but Hijikata's story line is way better than the former.

      I still find him bland, though, and I think it has to do with the fact that Hijikata's romance with the protagonist is (as you've said) forced. XD

      Delete
    4. Yeah I also find Kazamas route pretty sad as well :(. And yeah, maybe Hijikata is bland still... Come to think of it, I'm not sure I would have tried his route if it wasn't for the anime. He seems more romanceable/approachable there. In the beginning of the game there doesn't seem much to him as a character or a romance option, I admit ;). If you ever played Memories of Love, the later Chapters are a little better for him in that regard as well. But you still have to interpret the interactions kinda liberally to see the “romance” xD

      It's always kind of weird for me how fond everyone is towards Okita. I've never been able to warm up to him properly, and I even dislike him in Reimeiroku...
      He just seems to exhibit this childlike cruelty in some of his interactions with the main char. He's funny, and he certainly gets better as his route progresses, but in the early chapters he just rubbed me the wrong way.

      Delete
  16. Hi!
    Thanks for the walkthrough :D
    I got all CGs and finished Hijikata's route. But I saw on the CG pack this one: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0X0gGgl9Z7k/UFnyN5bTqaI/AAAAAAAABoA/4jeQi1O95tE/s1600/Hijikata.Toshizou.full.185641.jpg
    This CG has in the game or not? I didn't get this one .-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this question 2 years later lol

      That one is from the PS3 version of the game :_D

      Delete
  17. I finished Hijikata's route and in the gallery I've 22/26 CG, but there is only one block empty because I miss the image "Hijikata endure". There are other CG?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you again for your guide, first i played Okita route, which I really really loved. Second was Hijikata's route, and I think it was a little disappointing (or I just love Okita much more than Hijikata :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IMHO, Okita has such a colorful personality that he outshines the others. i think i know how you should feel since he's also my personal favorite :D

      Delete
  19. Wait, Hijikata has 2 bad endings and 2 good endings? I played the game but all I saw was the good ending where Hijikata and Chizuru are watching the Sakura, and the rest are Game Over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the endings only have slight variations. usually it depends on the choices you choose to make and not the scene itself, and the endings only have subtle changes that sometimes you hardly realize that you got the alternate good/bad endings. ^_^

      Delete
  20. After finishing the game, I must say I actually love Hijikata's route the most out of all the routes. For starters, it's the longest, so there was plenty of time for the chemistry to develop. It always seems like he doesn't care, except that he does but he doesn't show it because he needs to keep up appearances to maintain order in the Shinsengumi. Really, Hijikata is one of the few characters that cares about Chizuru and goes out of his way to make sure she's safe no matter whose route you choose (okay, maybe not Kazama's but that's because Chizuru wasn't even with them anymore). Plus, it helps that Chizuru's development in Hijikata's route was totally badass.

    I started out not really liking Hijikata's looks all that much (for me, Okita and Saito were competing for first place in terms of looks) but after a while, he kind of grew on me. Now, I absolutely adore him. In my opinion, he has the sort of look that doesn't win your heart immediately but will withstand being stared at forever without getting bored.

    ReplyDelete